If you are using a plugin to filter your post list, you may run into the situation where the filters like taxonomies won’t show up correctly in your post list.
Today I am going to show you what I did to get through this.
When you work with WordPress taxonomies, categories, and custom post types, WordPress may mix up any of these page types with others of the same name. Even though they are different types of pages or categories, it is difficult for WordPress to differentiate.
I was making a car listing website and I wanted to filter some car post lists by the year, make model and trim of each car.
My custom post type was named Cars and I had taxonomies within them named Make, Model, Year and Trim.
However I also had a “Make” custom post type.
Because I had two “makes,” one as a taxonomy under “cars” and another one as a custom post type named “makes,” WordPress was getting confused which one I wanted when I was calling to filter between Makes.
When I decided I didn’t see the custom post type named “Makes,” I deleted the custom post type.
Then I went back to my post filter list and saw that the “makes” taxonomies were all showing.